Junior data scientist in Yangon, Myanmar
We are everjobs
We connect professionals with companies around the world.
At everjobs we are proud of what we do and we believe in great people. We believe in boosting careers and building great teams in frontier markets. We trust that every individual has a unique set of skills that will help them flourish professionally and that every company can build a great team. All it takes is the right match. Our mission is to enable this match through our platform in the easiest and fastest way possible.
We are currently operating in 4 countries in Asia. Even though we are backed by Rocket Internet the everjobs headquarter is in beautiful Yangon, Myanmar. Rocket Internet started in 2007 and now has more than 25,000 employees across its network of companies, which operate in more than 100 countries on five continents.
We live and breathe entrepreneurship and promise you a career full of learning, fun, and growth opportunities.
Currently, we are looking for a talent who has passion for recruitment & frontier markets and wants to join us in the journey of becoming employment experts.
What we offer
- High tech company with an extraordinary growth rate that provides a steep learning curve and possibility to actually make a difference
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of connecting talent with opportunity in the digital age
- The chance to work in a fast paced, innovative and international environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures;
- You will be part of global team with colleagues from Europe, South America, India and Asia, in contact with international trends and always immersed in global market insights
- To be proud of what you do
Your role at everjobs
We are currently looking for a Junior Data Scientist to join our professional and dynamic everjobs Asia regional team. Your key deliverables would include:
- Derive insights into jobseeker habits and preferences from our data warehouse
- Guide user experience decisions based on data mining and A/B testing
- Monitor and optimize the performance of email job recommendation campaigns
- Conduct analytics research to support online advertising and offline marketing events
- Segment jobseeker data to deliver targeted SMS blasts and email newsletters
You will be part of a dynamic and target-oriented team and you will have the chance to work closely with other teams, local and regional.
Your career up until now
Currently, you are a recent graduate in computer science or statistics and you know your way around common coding languages. Ideally, you will have gained first professional experiences in working with relational databases and solving business challenges by applying data mining techniques.
You are a self-reliant and highly motivated person with distinctive communication skills, as well as a hands-on mentality.
- Experience writing MySQL/PostgreSQL queries to join large datasets
- Confidence with a general programming language (Java, C, C++, Python, Ruby, Perl…)
- Knowledge of university-level probability and statistics concepts
- Advanced Excel experience with pivot tables and graphs
- Proactiveness and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with cross-functional, multicultural teams
- Confidence with a statistical programming language (Python or R)
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with Linux command line
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and libraries such as Scikit-Learn or Caret
Up for the Challenge?
We look forward to your application (in English)!